Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Banky W notches MOBO, SMVA and Channel O award nominations




R & B crooner Bankole Wellington, a.k.a Banky W, is currently relishing the fact that his career is getting the needed boost especially with the knowledge that he debuted on the music scene almost unnoticed some years back with his debut single entitled Ebute Meta. The burgeoning act whose career began in the United States of America is on a high at the moment after he got news of his nominations for three different music awards.

Banky W leads the list of nominees for the 2010 Soundcity Music Video Awards with seven nominations; he also got a MOBO award nomination for the Best African Act and a Channel O MVA nomination for Most Gifted Male (Video).

“I'm deeply humbled, and really appreciative of every nomination we've gotten. I definitely wasn't expecting so many; and whether I win any of the awards or not, I'm honoured to be nominated alongside other incredible Africans that I look up to and admire," 'Mr Capable' says. "I'm also grateful for the support of my fans in Nigeria, Africa and around the world. I'm so blessed to have them. Thank God for everything,” he added.

The 2010 MOBO Awards will take place at the Liverpool Echo Arena on the 20th of October, 2010. This year's SMVA's will hold at the prestigious Expo Hall of the Eko Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria on the 20th of November 2010 and the 2010 Channel O Music Video Awards is set to take place on Thursday 4 November at the Sandton Convention Center in Johannesburg, South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment